Documents requires for central food license in Ranchi
Central food license from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India is required for all food businesses involved in the manufacturing, storage, distribution, transportation or retailing of food products. Based on the nature of activity of the business, the food license could be issued by the State FSSAI Regulator or Central FSSAI Regulator Authority. In this article, we only look at the eligibility and documents required for obtaining Central food license.
Eligibility for Central Food License in Ranchi
1. Dairy units including milk chilling units equipped to handle or process more than 50,000 liters of liquid milk per day or 2500 MT of milk solid per annum.
2. Vegetable oil processing units and units producing vegetable oil by the process of solvent extraction and refineries including oil expeller unit processing more than 2 MT per day.
3. Slaughtering units which handle more than 50 large animals or 150 small animals or more than 1000 poultry birds per day.
4. Meat processing units processing more than 500 kg of meat per day or 150 MT per annum.
5. All food processing units including relabellers and repackers processing more than 2 MT per day except grains, cereals and pulses milling units.
6. All manufacturers of proprietary foods
7. All 100% Export Oriented Units
8. All importers importing food items including food ingredients and additives for commercial use
9. Storage units other than those having controlled atmosphere and cold environment having capacity of more than 50,000 MT.
10. Cold or Refrigerated Storage having capacity of more than 10,000 MT.
11. Controlled Atmosphere + Cold Storage having capacity of more than 1,000 MT.
12. Wholesalers having turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per annum.
13. Retailers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
14. Distributors having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
15. Suppliers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
16. Caterers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
17. Hotels – Five Star & Above.
18. Restaurants having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
19. Transporters having more than 100 vehicles or turnover of more than Rs.30 crores per annum.
20. Marketers having turnover of more than Rs.20 crores per annum.
21. Food catering services in establishments and units under Central Government Agencies like Defence, etc.
22. Storage or Wholesalers or Retailers or Distributors having premises in Central Government Agencies.
Documents required for obtaining Central Food License
1. Aadhar Card (Proprietor/Director/ Partner)
2. Pan Card(Proprietor/Director/ Partner)
3. Photo(Proprietor/Director/ Partner)
4. Rent Agreement / Electricity Bill- for business address proof
5. Production Unit Photos
6. Blue Print & Layout(Measurement & dimension)
7. Machine name, number & power consumption
8. Food Testing Report
9. Water Testing Report
10. Ingredient Used
11. Form 9 Declaration
12. Business Proof
13. E-Mail ID
14. Mobile Number
Benefits of Central Food License in Ranchi
1. Improve Business Credibility overtime.
2. Allow business to build a large customer base.
3. Gives competitive advantage by keeping unregistered entities unfunctionally.
4. Create chances for business expansion and growth.